vb:literal>

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Eustis

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    Gail and I may be at "The Wall" that week-end.....I'll have to check. If not, we'll be there. Probably we'll stay at the Spillover.
    You have to come to Eustis, you're in charge of the weather, remember??!!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

So how many is it now?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default For those interested

Many have seen the plaques along side the entrance to Cathedral Pines regarding the town of Flagstaff, now known as Flagstaff Lake. Here is a link to a story Bill Green did on the creation of Flagstaff Lake.
    http://www.wcsh6.com/life/programmin...26490&catid=10
    Last edited by pm28570; 09-03-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: grammar
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    And the dilly beans she just canned, and the dill pickles and the salsa she's gonna can and the Dynamites she's gonna can and the hot dog relish.

Anyone hungry yet?

Did I just see "dynamites?" Sort of like spaghetti sauce only with larger pieces of veggies (like celery) and spicy hot? Often served over hot dog rolls? If so, that's one of four "noteworthies" that originated in Madison, Maine. Salute!

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    Did I just see "dynamites?" Sort of like spaghetti sauce only with larger pieces of veggies (like celery) and spicy hot? Often served over hot dog rolls? If so, that's one of four "noteworthies" that originated in Madison, Maine. Salute!

Well my mom's family originated around the Skowhegan area and this recipe has been handed down for years.....and until i married Kevin who perfers it on pasta we ALWAYS ate it on a hot dog roll. Good stiff!!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post

When i told my mom what you said she said quite emphatically "Oh no they didnt!" She says they started in Skowhegan and
    Debees (dont know if the spelling is right) store. She says her mother got it from the old lady Debee who brought it from Italy....I have no idea where they came from but they are good anyway. If you disagree with her you will have to corner her at the next get together we bring her to hehe
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    When i told my mom what you said she said quite emphatically "Oh no they didnt!" She says they started in Skowhegan and
    Debees (dont know if the spelling is right) store. She says her mother got it from the old lady Debee who brought it from Italy....I have no idea where they came from but they are good anyway. If you disagree with her you will have to corner her at the next get together we bring her to hehe
    Well - does the family share recipes??? Maybe we need that for our Geocacher's Recipe thread???

I will be glad to post it...but the recipe makes a HUGE pot of it...wouldnt reccomend making it for 2 people or you will be eating it for a month.....We make it and put it up in canning jars to have all winter long...yummmmmmmmy stuff

Thanks for posting - I will get it intergrated into the book.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    Actually, My Great Great Uncle Alfonso brought the recipe from Italy when he settled in Cornville where he started selling it from his roadside stand. Old lady Debee got him drunk one night and stole the recipe from him and pawned it off as her own!

And this is how 100 variations of stories get started!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."