vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WhereRWe? & RULOST2?'s Travelogue

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    This is such cool stuff reading your travel reports...! Andy in Crete, and you in Spain. Please keep these coming....I'll be watching to see what finding a cache in other parts of the world is really like. I'm envious.....
    One thing about caches in Spain - there are NO "urban micros"! LOL! All the caches we've looked at so far have been the "old style" - moderate hike to a decent view with a container you can put something in. Of the 2 caches we've hit so far, we got rid of 4 TBs/coins. LOL!

Oh, and if you've never experienced "siesta", it's a trip! EVERYTHING closes between 2 and 5 PM. (Well, we did find an ice cream stand open this afternoon...

I found a park today with trees loaded with HUGE tangerines. I managed to get one don and tried it - NASTY TASTE! Guess that must be way the trees were loaded with tangerines!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    One thing about caches in Spain - there are NO "urban micros"! LOL! All the caches we've looked at so far have been the "old style" - moderate hike to a decent view with a container you can put something in. Of the 2 caches we've hit so far, we got rid of 4 TBs/coins. LOL!
    Same in Crete. I'm just outside the city of Chania. Two of us took a van yesterday thinking we'd get a quick cache on top of a hill outside the city. Took 2 full hours of backtracking to find a road that went all the way up. The roads are so narrow, they look the same as driveways. Once we found the right spot, the cache was easy. I can't post pics right now, but others have posted pics of the cache (GC13MXW).

Default Weather in Spain

Well, the weather in Spain isn't going to be as good this week.

They're predicting scattered clouds on Monday, and on Wednesday, the high is only going to be 68.

So.......does the rain in Spain fall mainly on the plain?

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    So.......does the rain in Spain fall mainly on the plain?
    Rain? What rain?

Today is a caching day. It's only 1 1/2 hours to the border with Portugal, and there is a BIG group of caches just across the border, so we're heading northwest. Since the creation of the EU, crossing a border is a lot like crossing into New Hampshire. Even easier, since you don't have to worry about the Maine State police stopping you and checking for untaxed items.

I'm going to Athens in the morning, supposed to be nice and sunny for the next couple of days. A co-worker and I are flying out in the morning, hitting Athens for 2 days and taking the ferry back to Crete (9 hours vs 50 minutes flying, but much cheaper). Plenty of caches in Athens, but I have a non-cacher with me and want to see the sights too, so some juggling of priorities here...

Well, we didn't make Portugal today. My son said it only took him 2 hours. After 3 hours, we were halfway there. Hmmm... We had to be back by 5:00, so we're saving Portugal for our planned 3-day trip next week.

We did log 2 caches in Seville today and dropped off 3 more of the TB's we brought. Hit our first micro, but it was a nice location. We're going to explore Cadiz tomorrow, and make reservations for Morocco for the weekend. We've scaled back our plans (no 5-day trip to Casablanca), and are just going to make a 3-day trip to Tangier.

Hey, Hiram! The beer here is CHEAP - and pretty good, too. CruzCampo is the local Spanish brand.

Posting a picture of RULOST2? and me at the feria (fair) at el Puerto de la Santa Maria. Love the girls in those traditional dresses!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC6260.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	848.3 KB 
ID:	288  

Should also have posted a picture of our host, checking out the senoritas...

And one of what he was checking out...

Name:	Feria de  Puerto de la Santa Maria, Spain.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	289   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC6274.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	624.1 KB 
ID:	290  

Well, we made it to Gibraltar today. Sheesh! That rock is hard to get to! VERY steep roads to the top, no parking, tourists everywhere...

But we managed to log a cache in Gibraltar! (And dropped a couple of geocoins, as well). We did see a couple of monkeys, but the parking was such a terrible issue that we didn't get a chance to stop at the best places to see them. the famous Barbary Apes are a fixture in Gibraltar, and legend says that Grbraltar will remain British as long as the Barbary Apes remain.

I've attached a couple of pictures for Jake.

And a picture of RULOST2? looking across the Straits of Gibraltar towards Morocco.

Name:	100_0407.JPG 
Views:	229 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	291   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0410.JPG 
Views:	234 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	292   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0400.JPG 
Views:	250 
Size:	780.9 KB 
ID:	293