vb:literal>

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 maine geocoin design

I like the idea of the snowflake cut out design as well. Shaped coins always look nice in my opinion. Maybe the words that radiate from the center out to make the flakes, could be the words you all described for a coin, like snowshoe, camping, hiking, pine tree, etc. in tiny words to make the imprint of the flake design.
    Or, you could have a spinning snowshoe pair in the middle of the flake,( but I suppose spinners would be expensive), or a small cut out snow shoe attached to the flake with an o-ring, that was imprinted with the words ten year anniverary. That would be different.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

I like the snowflake. Maybe with a sun on the back to seasons.
    Maybe a big coin, like the size of a birka. I think 3".
    Maybe a 10 on one side for 10 years and a 01 on the other side for the first year.
    On the snow flake side, maybe have the winter activities ex: Snowshoe, Snowmobile,Sking or Cross Country Sking. and on the sun side the summer activities ex: Kayak, Shore , Lobster, Tent .....

I think that would be great. The snowflake cutout, cut also serve as a sun cut out if we made it like the sun rays on the other side. All the winter season words in tiny words on one side, and the the more summer activities on the sunny side. Maybe we could also color it white on one side and yellow on the other side. The state seal could be incorporated if some one really wanted it, or that could be the hanging medallion as well. The seal on one side, the ten year anniversary message could be on the other. Lots of possibilities.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

these are good ideas draw them up and post them you got till 1/10/2010 to get them in. lets keep the ideas coming.
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Speaking of the new design, any news on the delivery of the "09" coin?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Speaking of the new design, any news on the delivery of the "09" coin?
    Should be seeing them next week.

Ok..... I'll finally chime in here. The problem is, I have no graphic design skills and even fewer computer skills. But.....

What's on your wish list for this coin? Want it to be unique? Want it to be different? Do you want to look at this coin and think "Wow, I'd like one of those." ? Want it to reflect what the world thinks of when they think of Maine?

Some thoughts: There are several coins out there now in the shape of a snowflake. Many states starting in 2005 had a coin with their state seal on it. There are many coins in the shape of the state. While I truly love the design that has been put forward with the camp in the background, smoke coming out of the chimney...it's round. So I offer this possibility.

Have you ever once seen a coin in the shape of a moose? I own over 2,000 coins and I have not. (Sweden has a shield shaped coin with the picture of a moose on it) I'm picturing a coin in the shape of a moose.....wide antlers....if you like the idea of a dangly (like the earth turtle coin) how about a pine cone dangling below one antler? I leave it to the graphic creators here, but the back could have something like "Since 2001, caching the scenic beauty of Maine".

Just one more idea.

Default When should I start looking in my mailbox?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Should be seeing them next week.
    I cannot wait!

What about a circle coin with cut out shape of Maine? This cut out piece may be part of the coin, but it won't be attached to it. Or 3D shape of Maine with hills and valleys. Or a shape of Stud Mill road monster
    Moo

Default I've got an idea!

How about a typical downtown intersection in Anytown, Maine, with a bunch of "Yes on No" and "No on Yes" political signs proudly displayed?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.