vb:literal>

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is this?

Default What is this?

This is something I have been looking at on Google Earth and I can not figure out what it is. I is very close to my section of the Appalachian Trail that I maintain. If some of you have Google earth installed on your computer you can go to these coordinates and look at it or open the attached file.

N44 41.1065
    W70 50.0775
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Blazing Troll

d’76 Guest

Very intersting I have no Idea. If I had to guess I would say crop circles, or a flaw in their picture

d’76 Guest

For those of you that cant download google earth here is what Rick is talking about

I think it is a flat area at the top of Wyman Moutain. The color is probably decieving, and shows up black because of the low resolution that Google uses in rural areas. We should investigate just to be sure, want to go?

I don't know about that. I know that there are other flat spots (and not far from it) in this area that are not showing up like this one.

It looks like I will have to make a trip up this way in investigate when the snow goes away.
    Blazing Troll

If the sat shot was early spring, I'd say maybe a big vernal pool, goes away before most of the hikers get to that area, or could have been a lightning strike. It looks like there are 3-4 rocks in it???

You may have better luck asking on the Google Earth forums, if you can figure out where! I found this site that has a lot of interesting error types, but did not see one that explains a round spot like the one you found. http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthrea.../330340/page/0

Wasn't there some UFO sightings in western Maine a few weeks back . . . coincidentally enough Hiram was absent from these Boards for a while . . . alien abduction, mayhaps?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Wasn't there some UFO sightings in western Maine a few weeks back . . . coincidentally enough Hiram was absent from these Boards for a while . . . alien abduction, mayhaps?
    I'm going to have to ask this discussion to stop right here, no further investigation is required, anyone seeking further inquiry will be taken care of properly.....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Well that would explain EVERYTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I'm going to have to ask this discussion to stop right here, no further investigation is required, anyone seeking further inquiry will be taken care of properly.....
    LMAO....You crack me up...
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”