vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wwwwww3

Default Wwwwww3

We're looking at February 17 for the 3d annual Winslow Winter Weekend Waypoint Warrior Wingding (WWWWWW3).

Anyone know of any MAJOR conflict why this would not be a good weekend?

(NO! Your New Year's resolution to lose weight is NOT a reason!)

The only thing I can think of is that it is the beginning of school vacation so it might be a conflict for those families with children that have plans to travel that week.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Or a good opportunity if not traveling to bring the kiddoes.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Any suggestions for a nice 1-2 mile hike (with a cache) near the location of this event that I might be able to do after the event if there is time? I'm bringing all my gear and will have my snowshoes w/me too.

How long does this event usually last?
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Can't think of any here.

Doesn't matter what weekend you choose, you can't please everyone. So we say "go for it!"
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Not sure about a hike, but there is a great walking trail very close to the event. This is a cache that is along the way.........

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...7-6ca7e0ddea05
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Waterville Rotary Club Hiking Trail GCTJ59 Is a nice little walk, and it's about 5 minutes away from the location of the event, it's at the end of the trail that "Acer Sachahahciahciahearmiriurm" is on. And there are quite a few around waterville (I have about 6 in the area) that range from a nice stroll through the park to a quick grab n' go, and theres also a few nice trail system ones around the Colby area.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I can't think of any hikes that would be 1-2 miles, but there are some nice ones that are a bit shorter.

Oxbow Nature Trail . . . nice view of a waterfall
    Perkins Sanctuary . . . a pretty hemlock grove out near Colby College
    Waterville Rotary Club . . . a nice walk along the riverside
    TeePee Treasures . . . a scenic vista of the city

Acer Sac . . . as mentioned this is the closest and can be combined with Waterville Rotary Club

If you have your heart set on a longer hike and are willing to travel a bit you can always do the Goodwill Hinckley School Nature Trail multi . . . and I believe there is a micro there as well.

If you're into history in nearby Benton/Fairfield there is the Mill Island Power Plant and Mill Island Multi that are pretty neat.

And if you like devious micros you can try Right in Plain Sight, Old 470 and The Lombard Hauler (the last of which I still have not found) . . . all of which also give the added benefit of a mini history lesson.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Round Top (GCJM13)would be a decent hike and that is only 10 miles away.

Thanx for the suggestions...I will try and do some of these if there is time.

and yeah...I LOVE devious hides...and micros in the woods...Micros are my favorite. especially in the winter....
    the challenge....Oh the challenge.......Bring em on!
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”