vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Group Trip to Halfmile 2011

Default Group Trip to Halfmile 2011

I got a DNF on Halfmile and I know there are a few people interested who would rather not do it alone so it has prompted me to start this discussion again for this year.

Last year we did my Halfmile (Multi)(Regular) (GCH21C) by brdad (3/3.5) cache as well as my A mile from a halfmile (Traditional)(Regular) (GC8D2A) by brdad (1.5/2.5)
    at the same time.

This will take a good chunk of the day. Halfmile is typically 3 hours round trip not counting lunch or lounging about enjoying the day. A mile from a halfmile will take less time, an hour or a bit more - if we can drive all the way to the parking area. Otherwise it will be an extra mile each way on relatively easy but brushy terrain. There is a beaver dam to cross. I've always had good luck with waterproof sneakers and a tree branch. If you have a hiking stick, you will be glad you brought it.

Any vehicle with decent ground clearance can make it to the parking of Halfmile. The road into A mile from a halfmile is lately full of brush and alders that have to be driven over. So far I have had no problem getting to either parking area with my stock Dakota.

If needed a few people can ride in the back of my truck for the tougher part of the trek. Perhaps someone else will have a capable vehicle and can take a few more depending on how many want to go.

Bring water and more water and a snack or lunch!

So right now I'd like to see who would like to go and what days work for them. I imagine most will have to have a weekend and that is ok. I can't do the weekend of the Eustis event (Sept. 24th -25th). At the moment I think this coming weekend and all weekends in October are free for me.

So who's up for it and when?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I'm definitely interested in a trip to halfmile considering I have yet to get this cache. I have an extended cab pickup if people need a ride. I'm free most upcoming weekends I think.

If a date comes up that works for me, I'd love to go out for this as well. I missed last year as I had ended up with a hernia the day before.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    I missed last year as I had ended up with a hernia the day before.
    See the things people will do to get out of this trip dave?? hehe

wish I could do this actually but I know I would get part of the way and have to quit......take plenty of pictures guys for the newsletter so all of those of us who cant make it can live the experience through you guys.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

I can't do Sunday October 9th now. But any other days should be open.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    See the things people will do to get out of this trip dave?? hehe

wish I could do this actually but I know I would get part of the way and have to quit......take plenty of pictures guys for the newsletter so all of those of us who cant make it can live the experience through you guys.
    If I can do it you should be able to. I am completely out of shape and was always last. It took a while and a couple of days to recover but still made it.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I even kept offering Mike assistance down the easy way, but he kept refusing...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

She's got a bad knee that keeps her from being able to make walks like this. If it were a groomed trail she could do much better.

I am interested. Keep me posted.
    Blazing Troll

I talked with Rick and Tat at the event and a Sunday would work best for Rick. Possibly even this coming Sunday, October 2nd. If that doesn't work, we'll try another Sunday, just speak up so we can make plans...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!