vb:literal>

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Telltale Heart

Thumbs up Telltale Heart

Well,,,Gail and I did our first night cache last night, and I must say it was awesome!!! It was called Telltale Heart,( GCYY49), placed by Zoltarus. We met up with Dave1976, Girlmate, Mainiac1957, Parmachenee and his better half, Sharon(SP??). It was a Dark night, a little moon showing, perfect for a spooky type cache. The walk in was really neat, you may want to do this with a group, and bring good flashlights. We saw a couple of deer on the walk in. Zoltarus obviously put some time and effort into this cache, and it is a perfect Halloween cache. This would be excellent for kids(not too young), and adults also. The trail gets a little spongey in places, especially with all the rain we have had, so boots might be appropriate. Follow the cache trail instructions and you will have no problem. Thanks to Zoltarus for this unique cache!! Good Job!! Of course the Pizza at Pat"s Pizza in Orono(not too far away) is always a topper after the cache. We highly suggest doing this cache if you want something out of the norm., and before the snow hits. Happy Caching to everyone,,,"Dave and Gail"

I gotta say, doing this one by yourself on a foggy night gets a little sketchy
    Great cache, I had fun. I'll be guiding 3 new victims...I mean novice cachers to this one tomorrow night, along with pedalchick.

Default Victims huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I'll be guiding 3 new victims...I mean novice cachers to this one tomorrow night, along with pedalchick.
    Ohhhh....come right out and tell us what night your going huh? Hmmmm....the ideas that come to mind! That's the whole idea, to be a little spooky right?

On another note, a few of us were down caching in the southern part of the state a few weekends ago. We pulled into this rec area type facility and it was swarmed with people. Posters identifying "Haunted hay rides" and the like were all around. We pondered the fact that accessing a cache while something like this was in the works might jeopardize it so we decided to move on. I pulled into a parking spot just to look over the party once more and evaluate the situation. I rolled down the window to listen....and what do I hear? A whirring chainsaw. That was it! We were out of there!

So Sudy, I think you are pretty safe. I spook easy. Have a great time!

A bunch of us went to the corn maze in Corinna last week (night maze) and they had a guy jumping out of the corn wielding a chain saw, got us good
    (Hope there was no chain on it)

The Osgood Night Cache down in the China area is also very nice and has a Halloween theme. The TGIF group did this a while ago.

The Telltale Heart Cache has been updated in anticipation of the upcoming holiday :-O (that is if anybody is allowed out on a school night). Of course the cache is available on weekends also, and with the addition of more markers it is also possible to follow the trail in the daytime (for those of you who have not been able to muster up the courage to go 1/2 mile into a haunted forest in the dark of night). btw - there is still no sign of hippihiker and someone told me that a couple of other cachers may also be missing, so be extra careful if you go out onto the orange trail. Oh . . one more thing . . Grues are afraid of the light so do not turn off your flashlight.
    The Adventure
    Continues . . . .

- Zoltarus

I just love this cache. Can't wait to do it again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltarus View Post
    . . Grues are afraid of the light so do not turn off your flashlight.

..... uhhh..... ummm..... what's a Grue.....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grue_(monster)

A Grue is a sinister, lurking presence in the dark places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
    The Adventure
    Continues . . . .

- Zoltarus

We've had this cache on our list for a long time. In fact, two or three times we planned to do it, and we either was too tired by the end of the day (it's awful to get old) or the weather was horrible, or we got stuck doing something else. Hopefully sometime soon!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."