vb:literal>

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cache and Carry

d’76 Guest

Default Cache and Carry

I would like to know if you cache while you carry a firearm. I dont want a debate about gun control or the need to carry a gun. If it becomes a debate I would like for the site moderator to lock or delete it.

Simply a question of do you carry, what you carry

never have, I don't feel the need as niave as that sounds
    Make love not micros

I see no need to carry a firearm while caching. I think people that feel the need to carry firearms all the time are very insecure people or are very paranoid people.
    Blazing Troll

I don't, but sometimes think I should. It could be an important addition to one's pack should they get lost or come in contact with a rabid animal or other danger. Not that you can't live without it, but you can usually live without water while heading to that mountain cache, but that water may save your life if you get stuck there for three days.

Obviously, the further one wanders into deeper woods, the more important it is to have more survival and safety supplies.

Cell Phone, batteries, water, matches, first aid kit, knife, camp saw, or even gun - all things that could come in handy - along with knowledge of how to use each of them when needed.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I see no need to carry a firearm while caching. I think people that feel the need to carry firearms all the time are very insecure people or are very paranoid people.
    This is the debate comment I didnt want. Glad to see that it only got to post 4 before we couldnt keep it to the topic.
    THe question was this simple.

Do you carry and what is it??

When seconds count, Police are only minutes away

And by the way I am neither insecure or parniod. I have been a shot at while caching and refuse to be a victim

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    I have been a shot at while caching and refuse to be a victim
    This is what scares me about caches in someone's back yard. The home owner may love watching from the window while cachers try and find a cache, but what about the paranoid neighbor?

(And I don't carry - never have, never will).

We only have Keiko the attack terrier with us for 90% of the caches. Perhaps if we did caches in Montana or some other Grizzly infested area we would reconsider.

I have only had one cache that I wish I had a gun, but the bear was running faster (away from me) than I could have run anyway. By the time I dug it out of a bag, it would have been too late. If someone feels safer armed, and they are trained in the correct and safe handling with the weapon, than go for it.

Well, my son-in-law who is a law enforcement officer just had to dispatch a rabid raccoon right in a city when the raccoon was attacking him and the person who called about it being in her yard. There are more and more rabid (wild) animals in our woods - which is sad.

I have not carried while caching but would not discount the possibility. My concealed weapon permit is not current but upon renewing it might consider this. Agree with Sudonim - one should be fully trained.

Worked in a profession for over 20 years where I carried a weapon. My purse was specifically designed with a holster for a 38 and I had to qualify annually.

Haven't carried a weapon for a while. After hearing the tale of the cachers on the border, however, I have been thinking.