vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new use for Ipod

Default new use for Ipod

Last year Fudd and I discovered the fun of micro cache runs on the motorcycle. The problem in the past has been not being able to bring along cache descriptions. All that printed off paper is a waste and a new toy like a PDA just isn't going to happen soon. I have the laptop for car rides but now we use my nano to carry along cache descriptions. I don't know exactly how he does it yet because its only been a day but it has to do with copying the filter from GSAK into a word txt file and then putting in to the notes section on the Ipod. WooHoo
    Slowly but surely

Default Here's a couple ideas

Here is a couple ways to load caches into an i-pod. Cache Magnet or if you use a Mac computer try this. Mac caching
    Happy Trails!

Funny - last night I was sitting there listening to mine and watching a movie on it and was was like wait I can input the info I need into here....after all I already have pictures...so I was going to try it this weekend by copying it into notepad....

Then I logged in here and saw a topic just on that!

STRANGE....

are you reading my mind??? Do I need to put my aluminum foil wrapped strainer back on my head??

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    All that printed off paper is a waste and a new toy like a PDA just isn't going to happen soon.
    If you check on Ebay you can get a used PDA for under 30 bux that will do all you want with Cachemate on it. If my PDA ever hits the road that is what I will do.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I just picked up a Palm Vx for $5.00 on ebay with the software and charger included. You can't beat that!

Quote Originally Posted by team moxiepup View Post
    I just picked up a Palm Vx for $5.00 on ebay with the software and charger included. You can't beat that!
    I agree. You can use CacheMate on nearly every Palm model, so price should not be a barrier. And as you've discovered, paperless caching is SOOOOO much more convenient! LOL!

I bought a Palm Pilot Z22 for the express purpose of going paperless. The thing worked for maybe a week before crapping out on me. It's taken me over a week to get the auction site (uBid) to respond to e-mails and give me details on how to return it for a new one .

Maybe I'll try to download some documents onto my iPod. I at least know that works.

I don't do e-bay but I guess I can check it out. Fudd downloaded that cachemate but I don't think it worked for whatever reason, maybe just the download . Anyway, the ipod will do its thing for now. After spending $750 on having quills removed from 2 dogs last night I guess we'll have to wait. I didn't realize a palm could be so cheap though. Da*n dogs
    Slowly but surely

Unhappy Wow!!

Jeez Deb, I had no idea that they could charge that much for getting quills out. I guess I need to be real careful with my two. A skewered Jock would not be a good thing.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    I don't do e-bay but I guess I can check it out. Fudd downloaded that cachemate but I don't think it worked for whatever reason, maybe just the download . Anyway, the ipod will do its thing for now. After spending $750 on having quills removed from 2 dogs last night I guess we'll have to wait. I didn't realize a palm could be so cheap though. Da*n dogs
    I have a iPod shuffle. Will that work...??? I told my wife I needed a real iPod and she told me no. I bought the shuffle and she bought a camera; I got a shuffle and she got the D80 nikon camera with several large lenses,carrying bag and SD cards. The difference was about 1000% in cost. I know I didn't get the good end of the deal but I do like the shuffle when I mow the lawn and work out in the gym..

Maybe someone could put a how to guide on the site...
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)