vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making Geocachingmaine Even Better

Default Making Geocachingmaine Even Better

While monetary donations are always a plus for the site, there are other ways for members to contribute. More people would probably be willing to contribute if the site is more valuable to them. The site's content comes from it's members, not from some other entity.

So my main focus here is the Articles section of the website. I know there and many talented members here who could contribute content for the articles that would be of value to the website.

If you look at the articles, you will see they can just be more than just writing a story. I myself have posted Ammo can stickers, Geocachingmaine cards, and Maine cache stats among other things.

So I'd like this thread to be for people to post ideas about what they think might make a good item to add, or for what people would like to see added to the site.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

A PDF Geocaching coloring book for the younger cachers. A great example is at Geocacher University.

GPS or other product reviews - Sure, there are many online, but people listen more to someone they know.

Geocaching Software list and/or reviews
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I think it's a great idea...although I'm too new to really participate I would love to reap the rewards of others involvement

Quote Originally Posted by bmeserve View Post
    I think it's a great idea...although I'm too new to really participate I would love to reap the rewards of others involvement

Actually, articles from a "new participants" point-of-view would be refreshing and very helpful to other new folks.

I think some folks are intimidated by the veterans. I don't mean afraid of them personally, I mean afraid to ask what they percieve may be a "not so intelligent question." We all know that no question is dumb but I know how hard it can be to ask a question.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

TRF couldn't be more right. Everyone can benefit from a different perspective.

And, if you're the NASCAR fan your avatar portrays, there's always:
    Top 10 reasons Caching is better than NASCAR...
    If NASCAR drivers were cachers....

Don't be afraid!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Oh I'm a nascar and local racing fan alright!!! Was that a dare??? lol

Quote Originally Posted by bmeserve View Post
    Oh I'm a nascar and local racing fan alright!!! Was that a dare??? lol
    If that's what it takes to get 'er done, then yes!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

I'd like to see more tutorials in the uses of all the new techie stuff like using the Garmin Nuvi for caching,Cachemate uses,Trimble Navigator using your cell phone,,,,etc etc. Brdad does a great job with tutorials and he is good at it which I am not but there must be other members in here with similar technical senses who can do the same with PDF files and screen shots etc,etc.

Also I would like to see maybe the advent of a podcast or two for those who like that as well.

Great topic Dave and I would like nothing better to see this site grow and grow so we can reach all the cachers in the New England area.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Other ideas

Lists of caches people may want to create and maintain...

Fun Family/Kid caches
    Good Hikes
    Kayak accessible caches
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Default Cookbook

Someone could make a Cookbook Article by gathering all those great recipes for food people bring to events (crediting the originator, of course)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!