vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cache like it's 2001!

Default Cache like it's 2001!

I was chatting with someone in national chat last night about Cache Like It's 2001 (GC146JV) by Sudonim (5/5) and realized it's just passed it's one year anniversary and only been logged by 3 people - Myself, Msteelee, and Tat.

Out of the 49 caches placed in 2001, there are only twenty-one 2001 caches left available. Too bads to see a few of them go, they were classics.

I was curious if anyone is working on this challenge and how close they are?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

If anyone is wondering what those 21 caches are, here's the list:

The Fort Williams Cache (GC128) by Richard Amirault (adopted by kayakerinme) (1/1.5)
    Monument Hill (GC508) by sbosse (2/2)
    Pisgah Firetower (GC4F9) by sbosse (2/2.5)
    Field of Ouch (GCAC8) by Khali1 (adopted by TeamHorwich) (2/2.5)
    Water Walker (GCBCE) by khali1 (adopted by TeamHorwich) (1.5/1)
    Patty's Mount Battie (GCC0E) by Patty-G / CCC / JF (1.5/2)
    Fort McClary Cache (GC11D9) by Bad Monkey Crew (2.5/1)
    N1SDR's (GC14A8) by n1sdr (2/2.5)
    ONE, IF BY LAND (GC16C0) by Pike Patrol and adopted by BRLT, Mar. 2006 (2/1.5)
    TWO IF BY SEA (GC16C2) by Pike Patrol and adopted by BRLT, Mar. 2006 (2/3)
    BARTER'S OUTSMARTER (GC16C4) by Pike Patrol and adopted by BRLT, Mar. 2006 (2/2)
    Pocomoonshine Package (GC1785) by Will, Brian and Betty (1.5/2)
    Jammer (GC186F) by lucien (2/2)
    Geocache (GC19AC) by n1sdr (1/1)
    Lake Auburn Nature Trail (GC1F7D) by Katadin Goddess (1/1.5)
    Ferry Beach Cache (GC23D2) by John Ruggiero & Rick Gillham- Adopted by ezchaos (2.5/2)
    Fort Point deLight (GC2414) by k1br (1.5/2)
    Hemlock (GC2533) by Rixport (1.5/1)
    Get Out Of Dodge (GC2699) by k1br (2.5/1.5)
    Roque Rocks (GC274C) by RubiconJW (1/2)
    We don't need no education (GC2A46) by khali1 (adopted by TeamHorwich) (2.5/1.5)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Just to add, some of these are really fun to do, not easy, but fun. Water Walker and Two If By Sea were two of my favorite caches to do. Barter's Outsmarter was one of the first caches I ever did, back in Dec of 2003.

I am working on this to the point that I have a list of what I need and am planning on getting them. If all goes well three on my list will go down this week.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

we have gotten 6 of them and are trying to get the rest by adding one into our cache run day. we made our 700th cache fort point delight and plan on trying to get the rest by the end of this summer if things go well.

Funny that you mentioned this . . . while looking at caches in the Bangor area the other day I saw this and thought about doing this at some point -- unfortunately I have very few of the caches on this list . . . even with it pared down to the current number.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Funny that you mentioned this . . . while looking at caches in the Bangor area the other day I saw this and thought about doing this at some point -- unfortunately I have very few of the caches on this list . . . even with it pared down to the current number.
    The longer you wait, the easier it gets....unfortunately

I was surprised that I had found 6 of them!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Default Map?

Does anyone have these on a map? I could do it the long way, but being lazy. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Does anyone have these on a map? I could do it the long way, but being lazy. Thanks!
    Put them into an excel spread sheet with the general town locations - happy to share if you would like that.

I have some serious work to do on this challenge.