View Full Version : Tat On Tv

Kaching Karen
08-16-2007, 04:49 PM
WABI in Bangor interviewed TAT a couple of days ago. His interview is scheduled to air on Friday. I don't have more details than that.

Also, he plans on finishing his journey on the long weekend. Only a few more weeks to go!

Haffy
08-16-2007, 05:03 PM
I hope someone can tape it and put the link up here so those that can't get that channel can see it. BRDAD? Thanks

becket
08-16-2007, 06:19 PM
there's a great article about tat in this week's Island Advantage, the local island paper, entitled "paddling and pedaling the maine island trail for a cause." it was foggy the day after i saw tat last week, so he came back into town to stop in at the paper's office, instead of paddling off towards the mt desert area. i also emailed him some other local papers to contact, so will keep watch for more articles.

hollora
08-16-2007, 06:29 PM
I hope someone can tape it and put the link up here so those that can't get that channel can see it. BRDAD? Thanks

Me too, Becca, Amara and I will be camping at Big Moose Campground starting Friday. Probably won't get to watch the Television at the campground.

WhereRWe?
08-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Me too, Becca, Amara and I will be camping at Big Moose Campground starting Friday. Probably won't get to watch the Television at the campground.

I like the SeaView Campground in Eastport as they have a cable TV connection at each camping site! LOL! :D :D

hollora
08-16-2007, 07:28 PM
I like the SeaView Campground in Eastport as they have a cable TV connection at each camping site! LOL! :D :D

Don't think the Big Moose in Millinocket - that is the case, but, there are other bennies.

Hope to see it here on some link when I get home on Monday.:)

Hiram357
08-16-2007, 08:56 PM

Yeah, a posting of it would be nice for those of us that don't have TV... *cough* brdad, might post it for us... *cough* ;) :D

FuddsGirls
08-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah, a posting of it would be nice for those of us that don't have TV... *cough* brdad, might post it for us... *cough* ;) :D
Did someone make a redneck joke so you put a beer bottle through yours?

brdad
08-17-2007, 02:24 AM
I will try but someone will have to remind me. It's 2 Am and I am still up and am working in Lincoln in a few hours and won't be back until close to 5 PM. keeping this thread active should be enough. They might have the video on the news site anyway.

Hiram357
08-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Did someone make a redneck joke so you put a beer bottle through yours?

nah, I haven't had TV for about 6 years. (ya really don't miss much when ya have it) All ya need is someone like dave to post the good stuff in the forums... :D

I will try but someone will have to remind me. It's 2 Am and I am still up and am working in Lincoln in a few hours and won't be back until close to 5 PM. keeping this thread active should be enough. They might have the video on the news site anyway.

It's 7:13AM, and I'm reminding you... uh.. I forget what I was supposed to remind you about, maybe you should tie a peice of string around your finger... :rolleyes:

Kaching Karen
08-17-2007, 07:51 AM
I've got the DVR set, but being new to the system, it might not work. Anyone know how to convert DVR to video? My daughter and I are headed to New Hampshire for a sprint triathlon. I'm already in pain thinking about it!

brdad
08-17-2007, 06:04 PM
I got home late. does anyone know if it's been on yet?

brdad
08-17-2007, 06:09 PM
I got home late. does anyone know if it's been on yet?

They just announced it was coming up.

brdad
08-17-2007, 06:09 PM
They just announced it was coming up.

Thanks, I must have missed that.

brdad
08-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Thanks, I must have missed that.

You know the forums are slow when you start quoting your own posts!

brdad
08-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Well, I got it but I was so busy quoting my own messages I missed a second or two of the start. :rolleyes:

The raw file (18 MB - glad you're not on dial up now, haffy?). I can shrink it later if anyone really needs a smaller file.

http://www.bytethebullet.com/geocaching/fora/tat.mpg

team teebow
08-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Just got done watching. GOOD FOR YOU TAT!!!! We congratulate you on this wonderful journey.

Team Teebow

Haffy
08-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Tom looks great and hope the rest of the trip will be as fulfilling as well. I'm sure with this interview the donations will finally be forthcoming. Thanks for taping it Dave, it only took a couple of minutes to download if that.

Sudonim
08-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Thanks for saving that for us Dave.
Tom, you look good on TV :)

WhereRWe?
08-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Finally got a chance to see Tom's Interview - great job! :D :D

Now, the question is, how much is WABI donating to your campaign, Tom?

(Hint: Here's a link to Tom's campaign (http://mainetrek.com).)

Kaching Karen
08-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Nice job on the interview, Tom. We have it taped on DVR and I drove the kids nuts trying to find it and push the right buttons on the remote, but dang it, I did it! Well done! The ironic part is that they were also doing a piece on pedal powered kayaks during the same segment. For those who have not seen Tom's kayak, he has rigged it up with fins that he powers with pedals... I kid you not.