vb:literal>

Thread: addoption and find's.

Threaded View

This does seem a bit odd, but unless these people have done it on several caches it is hard to think it is about the numbers. Another guess is perhaps the original placer logged a finds on the caches to take it off their closest and/or unfound cache list. Which IMO is still not the best practice, that is one of the reasons the capability of ignoring a cache was created.

As far as multiple logging of events, I have seen several examples of this, and am glad we have not taken that route here locally. I think practices like this cheapen the game and make us cachers look like a bunch of idiots. Personally, I wish events were counted separately and had their own set of numbers that do not count towards cache count, like benchmarks. I would not be surprised if Groundpeak wishes they had done the same, but too many people would be upset if they changed it now.
    Last edited by brdad; 12-21-2011 at 07:26 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."