vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delorme: This years CITO sponsor

Default Delorme: This years CITO sponsor

I don't know if anybody has been following the CITO events for this year but Delorme has stepped up and decided to be the sponsor of Geocachings CITO this year on April 19th and 20th. Maybe this would be a good time to start thinking about a CITO for your area of the state of Maine. I realize that with all the snow around it's hard to imagine having a CITO on that particular date but a CITO can be anytime of the year.

I have been actively involved with a few CITOs down here already and thoroughly enjoyed all of them. We have made a big difference in the parks and such in the area and hope that you folks up in Maine can decide to do some good there as well. Being in Maine I think you could get some good support from Delorme as well. Hope to hear from you guys and take some intiative to clean up the environment around your area. Nothing wrong with some GOOD PR for a change and we as geocachers can surely make a difference.

Link to the Delorme site: http://www.delorme.com/geocachingfun/
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

That PN 20 is awesome what a time saver. It's almost like a mini lap top ,Bet it's $$$$$$$$$$$$$. It's great that they are sponsering CITOs Too!!!
    opalsns

At the 1st release, just like the Garmin Colorado is undergoing now, they had a few issues but they are pretty good about listening to the public and have made great strides to correct the issues that they had. The PN-20 can be bought on Ebay for around $250.00. Tiger GPS has the bundle for $350 with the $50.00 rebate. That includes the Topo maps and 1GB card and card reader,not a bad deal.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thumbs up hoping to make a CITO event

So...they call me the environmentalist in the group, but guess what...I've never been to a CITO event! Hiram's been to two (I think)...so...maybe this year will be the year...?
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Thumbs up Well Stef, Have I got a deal for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    So...they call me the environmentalist in the group, but guess what...I've never been to a CITO event! Hiram's been to two (I think)...so...maybe this year will be the year...?
    Why don't you come on up to Brewer on say the 17th of May. I think I can find something for you to do. Like this for instance.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Why don't you come on up to Brewer on say the 17th of May. I think I can find something for you to do. Like this for instance.
    Sheesh! I should be able to make this one! Sure glad Haffy cleaned all that junk up the first year! LOL!

Default typo?

In your cache description it says..

"All interested can meet at the posted coordinates at 8:00AM on 5-19-06 for coffee and donuts."

You do mean 05-17-08 right?

Looks like a good CITO event planned...
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Default OK Guilty

Quote Originally Posted by Foxgloves View Post
    In your cache description it says..

"All interested can meet at the posted coordinates at 8:00AM on 5-19-06 for coffee and donuts."

You do mean 05-17-08 right?

Looks like a good CITO event planned...
    Apparently I have cut and pasted this for 2 years and you're are the first one to catch it. As your prize you may come to Brewer on 5-17-08 and I will buy you coffee and donuts.
    Happy Trails!

I'm glad I could be of help....we wouldn't want people to attend this event in the wrong year...
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Apparently I have cut and pasted this for 2 years and you're are the first one to catch it. As your prize you may come to Brewer on 5-17-08 and I will buy you coffee and donuts.

Ummmmm...... I think something fishy is going on here. I remember the coffee and donuts. Werent they on a table in front of the Brewer civic center?? You crack me up