vb:literal>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cabin fever!

Default Cabin fever!

Is anyone interested in an overnight trip to an old restored ski cabin?

GC1HR0V

Spring Brook Shelter Cache

There is a cabin that sleeps 6, with a fireplace, tables and firewood! The trail in is about 2-3 miles and climbs about 500 feet. Tents are allowed also. The trail is open to skiers, snowshoes and snowmobiles!! (Sorry, no atv's) Dogs are allowed 24/7!

I thinking about making this an event on the Jan 17th weekend, if there is enough interest and if the cabin is available. This might be the perfect oportunity to try out your gear before the BIG winter campout!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Default Well, you know....

I went on this hike to the cabin with tat on Sunday. We were both impressed. Pulling a sled to the cabin will be moderate to difficult work, but can be done at any pace. I can't wait to do this and will cohost the event with tat. The hiking/snowshoeing during the day should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Can I go. Please. Please. Can I. In case that wasn't clear I would like to go.
    You'll hafta cut the wood though...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    You'll hafta cut the wood though...
    Real wooden wood is included!! And, it's split and stacked in a dry bin!!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    Real wooden wood is included!! And, it's split and stacked in a dry bin!!
    That's not fair, I'll bring special wood just for vic!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    That's not fair, I'll bring special wood just for vic!
    I'm having such a hard time believing you would say something like that after all the nice wood I gave you. Granted it was all wood that could not be split by me, but you are so much younger and stronger that I didn't feel it would be a problem for you.

Wink Come on Vic, lets be fair

Atoms are easier to split than some of that wood was. We had an engineer there (Tom) with all his protractors, slide rules and logarithms and he couldn't get it to part either. I think they just wore down the woods' will to stay in one piece by constantly calling it bad names. Or was that you they were calling bad names. Hmmm I can't remember. Anyway, that was some bad a** wood you had there.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Atoms are easier to split than some of that wood was. We had an engineer there (Tom) with all his protractors, slide rules and logarithms and he couldn't get it to part either. I think they just wore down the woods' will to stay in one piece by constantly calling it bad names. Or was that you they were calling bad names. Hmmm I can't remember. Anyway, that was some bad a** wood you had there.
    and don't forget to mention that my enviormentally friendly chainsaw was also unable to even scratch that stuff...

Vic's wood had much more heating value: Splitting only one log was enough to keep warm for hours! The wood at the cabin will only warm once, then it is done.