vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aroostook County BBQ 9/17-9/18

Default Aroostook County BBQ 9/17-9/18

Date has been set! September 17th and 18th at Trafton Lake in Limestone, ME. There will be a BBQ that night and you can tent out/camp there. There is hookups there as well. Please let us know if you are going in advance. We will try and supply the cups, forks, plates, etc and hopefully we can all chip up (I will go to the store if you want) and get some Hamburgers, Hotdogs, chips, soda, beer, whatever you prefer. Arrive anytime Early afternoon Saturday is fine. I will stay up there as well and do some caches on Sunday, even if I already done them! Hope you all have a great trip up to Aroostook!

Trafton Lake is located in Limestone, ME. About 10 miles from Caribou, 22 from Presque Isle. To get here (better directions when the date gets closer)

From you from the South (Which is what, 98%) Take 1-95 all the way to Houlton, Maine. The last exit in Maine... Yes, its the end of the world folks.
    Then take a Left on Rt 1, follow this all the way to Caribou which is appx 55 miles. Then you wil take a right onto RT 89 (limestone road) about 10 miles where you will take a right down the road (I can't remember the exact name of the road, but down that road follow it for about 2.5 miles and the lake is a left turn, on the right hand side.

Hope to see alot of you there. Feel free to email me or post, I will check daily. and I will keep this posted for events/anything changes, what to bring please (etc, etc) I planned it two months in advance (lets hope its not snowing up in the county by then...lol) so mark it down! Carpool!

My contact info:
    Jordan Cyr
    Caribou, ME 04736
    207-227-4844
    cyrjordan3@hotmail.com
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Sounds like you got it all figured out,now post it like that on the GC.com page too as not all folks know about this website(they should though). Good luck!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

If you plan to attend, please log in.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...1-e038da1f2c64

Also, first time planning an event, any help/advice, etc would be appricated.

Default event

I am so disappointed that I won't be able to make this event, but it is my weekend hospital rotation . My sister only lives a couple miles from Trafton lake and it would have been so easy for me to attend this event. Maybe next time... Twin 2 of Hiker Twins

2 months.. take it off? :?
    Sorry to hear about that... hoping you could have came...

I am hoping to come. I am working out the fine details with The G Team and hoping to car pool up this him. Will know for sure once we get closer to that time frame.
    Blazing Troll

Attendance at this event certainly doesn't look good for WhereRWe? and RULOST2?.

We're trying to make it to the Kayak event on Deer Isle because we haven't cachvced there yet, and plan on spending 3 days in Eastport in the beginning of August to do Campobello, FAR downeast Maine, and - possibly - "The County".

Smile I plan to be there.

We'll be leaving from Fairfield--there may be a seat left in the Jeep if anyone else wants to carpool.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Cyr
    2 months.. take it off? :?
    Sorry to hear about that... hoping you could have came...
    Oh, heck...I know what weekends I am working 10 years from now...every third weekend unless I can make a swap with the other two people! I am hoping before Sept 17 someone will want a weekend off that they are working and will make a swap with me! I am going to work on it!!!
    Last edited by Hiker Twins; 07-16-2005 at 07:43 PM.

Having a little problem. Talked with Limestone yesterday. They close that park weekend after labor day. I was like are you kidding?
    No sweat.. still the same weekend, if I can't convince them to let us use the park, I will find somewhere else, still plenty of choices...